Friday, July 4, 2008

Welcome Carter

Welcome Carter to the Palmer family












Hello to all...many of you have been asking for me to start a blog, so here it is!!!
We just welcomed the newest little addition to our family. His name is Carter William Palmer and he was 7lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long. As you can see from the pictures he has a ton of hair. He looks like Logan, but with much more hair and it is not red. I had lots of help the first few weeks as I have to have c-sections. I did have is scheduled, for Sat. the 21st of June, but I went into labor on the Tuesday. I was really hoping that I would go early and I even helped it along a little:) I taught my weightlifting class just 4 days before he was born and I cycled the morning he was born:) I really did not want to be pregnant anymore.

Most of you know how much I love to work out and it will be 3 weeks tomorrow since I had Carter and needless to say I am going a little stir crazy. I am missing the gym, my friends, and teaching my classes. But, it has all been worth it!!

I also attached a photo of our big boys, they have been great with the baby,especially Michael. they are a big help most of the time. Summer just started a few weeks ago and I am going a little bit out of my mind with all the kids home. Trying to find things to do with the big boys in between feedings, sleeping, etc... I feel a little sorry for Michael and Logan this summer. We are going to our cabin for a weekend in July and a week in August and they will be going to gymnastic summer camp for a week in July as well, so hopefully that will help the boredom somewhat.

Well, that is what is going on with the Palmer clan. We are so thankful for our new little guy....he is a little miracle. Sometimes when I stare at him and I amazed at our modern day technology. We started the in-vitro almost 3 years ago and our little Carter was our last frozen embryo and he sat frozen for 2 years before the last procedure, so he is amazing:) We love him and all our boys which all took quite a bit of effort.

Hope to keep up with the blog, so check back often!!










7 comments:

sara said...

so funny...this morning I was thinking about you and then I checked my blog and there you were...Yay, I am so glad you started a blog, can't wait to read and see more...and Congratulations on the birth of Carter, he is so cute, I miss that newborn stage of life... and your other boys are so handsome and so BIG now...I can't believe you were working out so close to your delivery, you look GREAT in that top photo, I wish you lived close so you could be my personal trainer...love you, sara

Susan said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so excited to be able to receive regular updates on you and your family now! Carter is adorable! I'm so happy for you, Manna!! Love you!

Kira said...

YEAH!!! You have a blog!!! You look really good going in to have that baby. It has been great living here with you guys. It will be strange to watch all these little boys grow up before our eyes.

The Meyers said...

Horray for you blogging! The pictures you put on here are much better than the ones I was sent. COngrats to you on the birth of little Carter! Love ya!

Nana/Mom said...

Hey Manda,
Blogs are great ways to keep every one up to date all at once. Specially whiney Moms who love to hear about the grand babies. Loved you stories about Michael. made me teary. Keep up the good work. (like the buding dentist pictures too ;-)
I love you!
Mom

Teresa said...

Congratulations on baby Carter. I can't believe you were cycling the day you gave birth! AMAZING! You're right about Carter being a little miracle baby...its almost as if he knew when it was right to come down :). Can't wait for the next reunion when we can sit and share fun IVF stories (if not before then)! I've got a few of my own! Your new blog is great!

Nana/Mom said...

Amanda - the Blog is great and I do enjoy it so much!! I loved the pictures - all of the boys are so cute and Carter is adorable.
Love you!!
Mom