Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tis the season

Wow, I cannot believe it has been a month since I last wrote something. Time really does fly the older you get older and the busier you get. I love Christmas time and have been thinking quite a bit lately of just everything that I am thankful for and how much I have. Christmas time for me is a time to reflect on the past year and hope that I have made changes for the better. I am trying to teach the boys that Christmas time is not about getting presents. It is about Christ and giving. We had a family home evening about this and Michael is really good about what the true meaning is Christmas is about...Logan on the other hand is all about the toys and what he wants.

I told the boys that I was going to work at a Women's centre to help people who do not have lots of stuff and told the them that before Christmas they needed to think of some of their favorite toys and things to do and we would go to the store to get them for other people and deliver them as a family to the centre. They both have been very excited about this and the other day asked "mommy when are we going to go give presents to other humans that don't have lots". I just love the stuff that comes from his brain. He considers other people that are not in our family "humans" I am just glad that he has stopped asking for stuff and is not wanting to give stuff to others who are more in need!!

I am so grateful for everything that I have...I love my wonderful husband and my 3 boys, and am thankful that Jared is able to provide for our spiritual and monetary needs as a family. I am grateful that my sister is able to live here in Canada with me...I was lonely without any of my own siblings:) I am grateful for all the wonderful friends I have and for all that they teach me. And most of all I am grateful that Christ was born, was my example, and died for me so that I might return to live with him someday. My wish is that during all the commericalism of Christmas that we all remember the most important part and take time to give as Christ would.

Love you all and have a wonderful Christmas!!

4 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

you are right...kids say the cutest things..."humans"...how cute!!
Christmas is a wonderful magical time!!

Sarah said...

I enjoyed your post. I hope you guys have a great Christmas this year!

sara said...

love this post...i hope you had a very merry Christmas!

Teresa said...

Carter is SO cute! Thanks for sharing all of your fun pics. Congrats to Jared on the new practice.